Heather Letourneau from She Doesn’t Like Guthries shares her recipe for butternut squash and apple soup. Credit WSCH/207
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 ½ pounds of your favorite Maine apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 large butternut squash peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar or Maine maple syrup
- soup stock of your choice
- Generously coat the bottom of your large soup pot with oil. Add the onions and apples, saute on medium heat.
- Add brown sugar or maple syrup and continue to cook until apples are soft and onions are translucent.
- Add butternut squash and just enough water to cover your ingredients.
- Heat on medium high heat until the squash is tender.
- Add your stock according to your salt preference and directions for the brand of your choice.
- Once your soup is cooked, set it aside to cool before you blend it.
- Blend the soup in batches to your desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.